Injury Free Endurance Training
Date: Saturday, 17 June 2017 (5:30-7:30pm)
Speaker: Dr. Nikhil Latey – Physiotherapist & Sport scientist
1. Common injuries and their causes:
* We will review the commonly seen injuries in endurance events like running and cycling.
* Take a deeper dive into the causes of these injuries and what YOU can do if you get injured.
* How to distinguish a small niggle from a precursor to a major injury
2. Injury avoidance:
* How can you avoid injuries
* Recommended changes in training in case of a injury
* How much can you load your body and when should rest supersede a workout
3. Importance of assessments:
* Plot your star-up point so as to improve without injuries
* This ensures that you approach your goals safely
About the speaker
Nikhil Latey is uniquely qualified to assess and treat athletes with a dual degree in Physiotherapy from KEM, Mumbai and Sport Science from University of Roehampton, UK. He has put his talents to use in helping athletes win medals at the Olympics (2012 & 2016) as head of sport science and rehab with Olympic Gold Quest. Nikhil’s technical and on-ground experience has helped him design effective fitness programs for various sports. He was personal physio to Mary Kom in London Olympics, 2012 and Gagan Narang at Rio Olympics,2016. He is also a founding member at Sportsmed Activ, a state-of-the art sports assessment and rehab center.
To contact Nikhil for a consultation, you may email on firstname.lastname@example.org or reach him via facebook here. Driving directions to his clinic are here